Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

+15
Falcon Paunch
Barty Anderson
It
Snappington The Fifth
Sam Fissure
silent wulf
Uzi-Bazooka
Uniju's Maid
Kevin Flynn
Sgt. Beadsmaster
The Wheelchair
These are my saturdays
Strong Vader
Kinda Long Hair
Achenar
19 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Video Games

Post by Sgt. Beadsmaster Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Well, online I downloaded legend of zelda, the original, and super metroid, along with tons of other games, but zelda for a while I was getting a little addicted to. When Link turned white I flipped. Super Metroid I was just playing a minute ago and it was totally fun, but I don't know where to go, or what to do.
Sgt. Beadsmaster
Sgt. Beadsmaster

Character sheet
Name: Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Sgt. Beadsmaster wrote:Super Metroid I was just playing a minute ago and it was totally fun, but I don't know where to go, or what to do.

Super metroid is awesome. I beat it if you need any help. (did I mention its awesome? Video Games - Page 2 307584 )
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, I decided I wanted to play Wolfenstein 3D, the root of all First Person Shooter type games.
But finding it is harder than I thought.
I found a Mac version I could play on my computer natively, but IT ISN'T THE SAME GAME! It's the Super Nintendo version, which cut out tons of stuff, like Robo-Hitler and the zombies, and the levels are all completly different.
For some reason, the emulator I'm using to play DOS games won't accept the DOS version, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. The game is $5.00 on the Xbox marketplace, but if you find it online it is legally free, So I don't see why I should pay.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:34 pm

I recently got into playing Pikmin for the Gamecube. I haven't played it since I left for Hawaii in early Nov. But if memory serves correct, and it does, im stuck on this little robotic-metal-spider thing that shoots rocks. Though I found out how to beat him, I wont be doing that until Dec. But MAN, man. Pikmin is really hard, at least for me, given its my first time playing it. Those Red and Yellow Pikmin CANNOT stay out of the water! And the Blue Pikmin are of no help rescuing them...

Oh, and ive been really into the Professor Layton series, though I only own the first two (Curious Village and Diobolical Box). I like Diobolical Box more though. I haven't been able to beat Curious Village (due to the fact that my screen is warped slightly so it's near impossible for me to solve this one vital puzzle (puzzles I need to solve to move on, I call 'em Vital Puzzles) But I did beat Diobolical Box, it's storyline is awesome!
Achenar
Achenar

https://strongbadiathefree.rpg-board.net/profile.forum?mode=view

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:07 am

Ive had Sonic the Hedgehog on virtual consol for a while, and I've decided to start playing it again. Its a great game. ...gotten to Lybernath Zone act 2 (or however you spell that)
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Beadsmaster Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh man, I got way more into zelda a little while ago, I'm on the 5th castle I think, I had to beat this huge 3 headed dragon and I thought it was the end of the castle but NO it is not! It has even more hordes of insane enemies in the rooms after the 3 headed freaking dragon just waiting to kill poor poor Link. Oh, and did I mention that Link has a white costume, I bought this weird thing that was super expensive and for some reason it turned his costume WHITE! I didn't know what it was, but it was extremely expensive so I knew it would be good. I think it might be armor because now it takes more hits from all the crazy monsters to take lower my hart's. Yeah, so, it's awesome, but I don't know how I can get past this castle.
Sgt. Beadsmaster
Sgt. Beadsmaster

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh no! The planet's about to self-destruct again! What a tottaly non-frustrating way to play a video game!

Okay, I replayed the final boss in Super Metroid. Thats the easiest boss battle ever! but It's the only Metroid game where I think I wont escape before the planet blows up.
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:53 am

Hey, I'm gonna guess that most of you haven't played Half-Life.
Well, first person shooter fan or not, it is a great game.
http://store.steampowered.com/
This website is Steam, it let's you LEGALLY download video games without disks. They are much cheaper and take less time to install also.
Steam itself is free, but the games aren't.
Look up Half-life Opposing Force, it better and is only five dollars, no tax, and of course, no shipping.
WARNING! BLOOD.
There are two other games, Blue Shift and the original, just Half-Life, which are Five and nine dollars, respectively.
Blue Shift is really short, and Half-Life is hard, especially if you are new to the genre.
EDIT: I just found out that this game costs LESS than DOOM, thats right, the classic 1993 first person shooter (Also on steam) While this game was made in 1999. While nothing can beat DOOM in that genre, technical wise, Half-Life and it's addons are higher quality games, and the smaller ones costs four dollars less.

Last edited by Mr.Diskette on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jus' Editin' you city bloke!)
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:28 am

Doom. And Doom II. And Doom 3.
Here is an online version of Doom if anyone wants it: http://www.officegamespot.com/flashgames/doom-triple-pack.htm
(It IS rated M, though, for blood & violence, so if anyone has the same type of mom as Crudkid, you might wanna be careful.)
My brother and I rented Rabbids: Go Home for the wii, and if you ever get a chance to play this game, DON'T. Gross creatures, strange plot, difficult game play, oh yeah, it's ALL there: ALL of the things you DON'T want from a video game.
However, I highly recommend Hot Wheels: Beat That! Fun racing game with some interesting twists.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Doom. And Doom II.

Recommendation Seconded.
Video Games - Page 2 Cybr112
Don't forget to download levels and TC Mods from WAD authors like me.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Beadsmaster Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:23 pm

I just started playing Star wars Knights of the Old Republic! I borrowed it from mr. diskette, its wicked!

(should I not say "wicked"? is it weird? please, tell me what you think)
Sgt. Beadsmaster
Sgt. Beadsmaster

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 am

I guess wicked's all right, but the term "rockin' cool" is so uncool that it makes my face hurt.

Also, "sick" is right out, unless you mean "ill", "H1N1," or "what I hope Ugozima is right about now."
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:I guess wicked's all right, but the term "rockin' cool" is so uncool that it makes my face hurt.

Also, "sick" is right out, unless you mean "ill", "H1N1," or "what I hope Ugozima is right about now."
Well Ugozima's mind is sick, thats pretty close.

So, my brother bought some 3D-Version of Super Mario Bros 3 (which I own the original) so he invited me to play it since its four-players. So I did. It was pretty fun/ny, but I dont agree with the controls. And well, i've never really been a fan/good at Mario games. I still like Sonic Games better. Speaking of.
I beat Sonic Battle in the middle of the night in Hawaii. And man, man. It was sad. Emel died, of course, because Sonic was bright enough to send her up there! (By the way. Emel is Emerl's name is the cartoon, Sonic X, and I like the name Emel better so I call her that. And about the 'her'. Emel doesnt have an actual gender, she's a robot! So I like to think of her as a girl). Honestly though, beating Gizoid-Emel wasnt very hard, I just spammed Sonic's special attacks until I beat her. I was really lost beforehand, I didnt think i'd have to select the actual icon of the Egg-Death-Blaster-whatever to get there. Eggman's boss battle was really easy too. I had 'agent flight' and 'agent eagle' programmed on Emel so I could just fly in mid-air and spam Agent Eagle, keeping Eggman in air, until he blew up (well his machine did, but whatever). And to this date, I am still attempting to get all of Chaos' fighting moves. So far I have three. The rest are useless guards and heals. I dont need new guards or heals when I have Chaos Gamma's!

Last edited by Clover star dropper on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Achenar
Achenar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Clover star dropper wrote:So, my brother bought some 3D-Version of Super Mario Bros 3 (which I own the original) so he invited me to play it since its four-players. So I did. It was pretty fun/ny, but I dont agree with the controls. And well, i've never really been a fan/good at Mario games. I still like Sonic Games better.

Not liking Mario games much? Wasn't that outlawed in '97?
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Was pretty much hating Mario games outlawed in '97 too? pale
Achenar
Achenar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Clover star dropper wrote:

Last I checked, yes. Now get out there and play some Mario Galaxy before the cops find out!
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:20 pm

No, that wasn't outlawed until The Who Put Pasta Salad in Strong Mad's Underdrawer Drawer Scare of '04...Or. During that time, President Homestar made several new laws, including:

-eggs are not fruit
-fruit are not eggs
-thou shalt not pretty much hate Mario games
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 pm

No. Noo, nooo. I shall continue to hate Mario games! Forever and more, forever and more!
Achenar
Achenar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Clover star dropper wrote:No. Noo, nooo. I shall continue to hate Mario games! Forever and more, forever and more!

You even hate Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door? That's like the best game ever!
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:29 pm

The Wheelchair wrote:
Clover star dropper wrote:

Last I checked, yes. Now get out there and play some Mario Galaxy before the cops find out!

Mario Galaxy. Thats a great game. That and Mario Sunshine.

I have New Super Mario Bros for DS, and I love it! It is probably my favorite DS game that I own. And while we're talking bout Mario games, I also have Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros 3, and Super Mario Bros World
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:52 pm

The Wheelchair wrote:
Clover star dropper wrote:No. Noo, nooo. I shall continue to hate Mario games! Forever and more, forever and more!

You even hate Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door? That's like the best game ever!
I hate RPG's like that.....its a pain, especially with -shudder- 'party members' ugh..
Chibi-Robo is still the best game ever! its super underrated!
Achenar
Achenar

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 am

I'm still mad at Nintendo right now.
Ever since I heard that New Super Mario Bros. Wii wins THE LEVEL IF YOU LOSE THREE TIMES.
What is the point? That is WAY over accessing the family, any six year old could do it eventually, are they trying to market it to three year olds?
I remember when Nintendo use to make HARD games, or even (good) games that have a point, (I'm looking at you Wii play!)
That last remark does not count Mario, Zelda, or Metroid games.
What's next? Tetris with an unlimited space at the top?
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 am

COMING UP ON THE NINTENDO WII SHOPPING CHANNEL:
IT'S ALL-NEW SUPER SMASH BROTHERS: PONY EDITION!
THAT'S RIGHT! NOW, INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY FIGHTING EACH OTHER, YOU JUST RIDE ON PONIES! FOREVER! FOR NO GOOD REASON TO SPEAK OF! ISN'T THAT GREAT?!?!
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, WHEN YOU BUY SUPER SMASH BROTHERS: PONY EDITION, YOU GET TETRIS: UNLIMITED ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by silent wulf Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:36 am

Mr.Diskette wrote:I'm still mad at Nintendo right now.
Ever since I heard that New Super Mario Bros. Wii wins THE LEVEL IF YOU LOSE THREE TIMES.
What is the point? That is WAY over accessing the family, any six year old could do it eventually, are they trying to market it to three year olds?
I remember when Nintendo use to make HARD games, or even (good) games that have a point, (I'm looking at you Wii play!)

It's actually if you die 3 times you get the option to let the game take over.
silent wulf
silent wulf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 am

Mr.Diskette wrote:I'm still mad at Nintendo right now.

Actually after failing 8 times a "Super Guide" block appears. It's up to the player whether he/she wants to actually use the super guide, and if they choose to hit the block, the guide still doesn't find the hidden pathways or collect any of the hidden coins in the level. And if you saw some of the later levels in the game, you'd see that they certainly had no trouble in making them hard.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next