Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be a season two?

5 posters

Go down

season two? anyone?

Should there be a season two? Vote_lcap2100%Should there be a season two? Vote_rcap2 100% 
[ 5 ]
Should there be a season two? Vote_lcap20%Should there be a season two? Vote_rcap2 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Should there be a season two? Empty Should there be a season two?

Post by Kinda Long Hair Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:54 pm

thoughts?
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Should there be a season two? Empty Re: Should there be a season two?

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:03 am

Absolutely! I'll admit it, frankly, SBCG4AP is not Telltale's best game. But it's one of their best. And I'm sure it'd be better than the crap they've been kicking out lately. Do we really need a third season of Sam & Max? Or how about the Jurassic Park and Back to the Future games that they're essentially creating just to make more money?
Clearly, SBCG4AP was a good game. It even won awards! And Telltale is sure to make profit off of it. If nothing else, all of us nerds at the Wiki will buy a copy just so that we can document every last thing about it, right? I say, they got nothing to lose!

And from my own perspective, I would love to own it. This time, on the Wii, now that I actually have one.

Of course, while we're dreaming of impossible things, I hope that Vader and my fan-made episode gets in. And that each copy comes with a free bag of pretzels. And DVD of Sbemail's Greatest Hits. And trail mix. AND SOME PEACH PRESERVES!!
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:45 pm

THEY ARE MAKING BACK TO THE FUTURE GAMES? THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IN VIDEO GAMES I HAVE HEARD IN HOURS.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah! Check it out:
http://www.telltalegames.com/backtothefuture

They're doing that and Jurassic Park, and the games will apparently be made over several years. I have no idea how they're going to be any good. I mean, I respect Telltale and all, but I just don't see how those could work for episodic gaming.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Episodic? Why are all their games episodic? I can't think of an episodic game series I truly enjoyed.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 pm

I have high hopes for Puzzle Agent, and it isnt episodic. I'm not a big fan of episodics.
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Absolutely! I'll admit it, frankly, SBCG4AP is not Telltale's best game. But it's one of their best. And I'm sure it'd be better than the crap they've been kicking out lately. Do we really need a third season of Sam & Max?
Stop right there. Now, I'm a big Homestar Runner fan (duh), and I loved SBCG4AP. But I honestly have to say that Sam & Max is just the better game. Maybe it's because Sam & Max have had more seasons to be perfected, but their games just have a higher quality than Strong Bad's episodic game. This is especially apparent in this third season, which is so far looking like the best season of any game that Telltale has made.

I have to agree with you about Jurassic Park and Back to the Future, though. I just can't see Telltale pulling those off. Okay, Back to the Future has some potential, but Jurassic Park? Does that thing even still have a fanbase to market towards?

Anyway, I think what Telltale should do if they make a new season of SBCG4AP is to somehow connect the episodes. I know that the episodes of the first season were self-contained to match the style of Homestar Runner, but I'd prefer to see something along the lines of what they did in Sam & Max Season 2. There, the first three episodes were self-contained, but then the fourth episode tied them together and brought the player into the epic finale. It might be harder to do for Strong Bad, but it could definitely be done.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am

Yeesh! Chill out, S&M fan(atic)boy. I've only played the first season, which is universally accepted as being the worst of the three. While I still enjoyed it, I don't think that I could stomach three seasons of that. If the other two are better, fine. I take back my comment about not needing a third season.

And, MMM? I'm pretty sure Puzzle Agent's gonna end up being episodic. According to the game's official site, it's a pilot, which means:

Telltale has created the pilot program as a means of cultivating fresh creative ideas and fostering innovation, similar to the broadcast industry's television pilots.
Telltale's pilot program will introduce new video game concepts, content and play designs that can then be migrated to the company's episodic gaming model.
Puzzle Agent is the first pilot and begins releasing in June.
So it sounds like the Mystery of Scoggins will be one game, and then they'll make an episodic game based off of it.

And finally, to our good Disk, who commented
Episodic? Why are all their games episodic? I can't think of an episodic game series I truly enjoyed.
Um...hello? That's what Telltale does. They make episodic games, just like Houghton-Mifflin makes textbooks, or like Nintendo makes gimmicks. That is what their company does.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 pm

It's not as if it is a particularly nice system
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

But all the plans have been on display in the local planning office for five years.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet
Name: The GM, you fool!

https://strongbadiathefree.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Well Uzi happens to like them! And they didn't exactly call attention to the game design switch. You know like telling anybody or anything.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm

He eventually had to go down to the basement ("That's the display department!") with a torch ("The lights had probably gone".) So had the stairs.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:19 pm

they were on display
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Yeesh! Chill out, S&M fan(atic)boy. I've only played the first season, which is universally accepted as being the worst of the three. While I still enjoyed it, I don't think that I could stomach three seasons of that. If the other two are better, fine. I take back my comment about not needing a third season.
Jeez, I wasn't that fanboyish. And yes, the other seasons are 100% better than season one. The writing is better, the puzzles (gasp!) actually require some thought to solve, and the general insanity is upped. If you would stop being stingy and actually fork over some cash to play it, maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 pm

DISK IV: DISK IN PARIS wrote:they were on display

He eventually found them in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet in the back of a disused lavatory with the sign "beware of the leopard."
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:29 am

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Yeesh! Chill out, S&M fan(atic)boy.
oh god
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 am

The Wheelchair wrote:If you would stop being stingy and actually fork over some cash to play it, maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.

NO. MONEY. I HAVE NO MONEY. I AM MONEY-LESS. I AM LIKE MONEY-LESS DAN OVER HERE. IT'S NOT THAT I'M NOT SPENDING MONEY ON IT. IT'S THAT I HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND. NOT ONE CENT. AND THIS IS NO LONGER A DISCUSSION ABOUT SBCG4AP SEASON TWO. I WILL NOW RESUME THE DISCUSSION OF SBCG4AP SEASON TWO.

So, today, I was watching the commentary for Tales of Monkey Island, and one of the developers (who all sound the same) mentioned that Dangeresque 3 was his favorite Telltale episode of any game they have ever made. Several others also referenced SBCG4AP quite often, so it's clear that they all like it. It's also clear that they are still kind of following the series (with their big celebration of "Trogday.") I think that, as evidenced by a few posts on the Telltale site, they're just not sure if it will be marketable enough, or if there's enough of a big audience. As the Wheelchair evidenced, most people are much more excited about Sam & Max (and he's even enough of a H*R obsessant to be on this site!) As far as I can tell, if we want a season two, then we're going to have to make about 50 users each on the Telltale site, and start randomly posting everywhere about how we want a season two, to make it seem worthwhile.
WHO'S WITH ME?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:17 am

Hobo-Bazooka wrote:
The Wheelchair wrote:If you would stop being stingy and actually fork over some cash to play it, maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.

NO. MONEY. I HAVE NO MONEY. I AM MONEY-LESS. I AM LIKE MONEY-LESS DAN OVER HERE. IT'S NOT THAT I'M NOT SPENDING MONEY ON IT. IT'S THAT I HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND. NOT ONE CENT. AND THIS IS NO LONGER A DISCUSSION ABOUT SBCG4AP SEASON TWO. I WILL NOW RESUME THE DISCUSSION OF SBCG4AP SEASON TWO.
Jeez, Hobo-Bazooka, relax. I think you've got some anger management issues. Ever consider counseling?

Hobo-Bazooka wrote:So, today, I was watching the commentary for Tales of Monkey Island, and one of the developers (who all sound the same) mentioned that Dangeresque 3 was his favorite Telltale episode of any game they have ever made. Several others also referenced SBCG4AP quite often, so it's clear that they all like it. It's also clear that they are still kind of following the series (with their big celebration of "Trogday.") I think that, as evidenced by a few posts on the Telltale site, they're just not sure if it will be marketable enough, or if there's enough of a big audience. As the Wheelchair evidenced, most people are much more excited about Sam & Max (and he's even enough of a H*R obsessant to be on this site!) As far as I can tell, if we want a season two, then we're going to have to make about 50 users each on the Telltale site, and start randomly posting everywhere about how we want a season two, to make it seem worthwhile.
WHO'S WITH ME?
Yeah, I noticed a lot of SBCG4AP referenced in the Monkey Island DVD Commentary. And just because I'm excited for Sam & Max doesn't mean I wouldn't jump for joy like the rest of you if SBCG4AP2 was announced. If I had to choose between Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and SBCG4AP2, yes, I would choose The Devil's Playhouse. But once the new S&M season ends, I would happily take another Strong Bad season. It's not like I'd complain that they chose a Strong Bad season over a Sam & Max season. Though I'm not gonna make 50 users on Telltale forums to try and get it. I wouldn't do that for any game.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 am

That was more of a joke than an actual suggestion. I don't have enough free time for that.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

I would do that for another Puzzle Agent Or... maybe not.
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum